Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Adventure in Writing

"The Perfect Morning"

I awoke at a reasonable time, around 7:30, to the delicious aroma of coffee.  God bless the man who invented the automated timer - caffeine is the first reason I wake up and roll out from underneath covers.  The second is the morning paper.  I realize it's a bit behind the times, what with the internet and all, but there is something about the feel of a newspaper under your hands that just gets me going.  It might be the crinkle of the paper, the smell of the ink, or possibly the frustration of getting the damn thing to crease right so I can read the article that I want to.  Anyway, I'm a crossword person, but I make myself wait until the end of perusing through the news - it's my reward for keeping up to date. 

After finishing the coffee, finishing the newspaper, completing the crossword (or at least pretending to), a nice muffin would do me.  A second cup is taken to the computer desk, where I check the e-mail, see what my friends are up to over on Facebook, and see what lovely rants Consumerist has for me.  Satisfied catching up on my daily knowledge, I would wake up and feed both children.  Cereal for Vickibug, and milk for Lil Man. While they're eating, I would tidy up the kitchen and put a load in the washing machine.  My husband would wake up and actually eat breakfast for once. 

God, my day is sounding absolutely boring.  Let's assume the house is perfect, everyone's eaten and bathed, and some sanity still resides within me.  Ooh, let's give me a job.  A cool one.  Spy?  Too obvious.  Crap. 

Lil Man is awake again, need to pause this until another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment